25. November 2013 15:48
Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3) resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2010 SP3 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2010 SP3 customers.
Issues that the update rollup resolves
Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 contains the fix for the security issue that is described in Security Bulletin MS13-061
and resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2715761 "550 5.6.0" NDR when you send a yearly recurring meeting request in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2839533 RPC Client Access service freezes in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2840454 "The rules on this computer do not match the rules on Microsoft Exchange" error when you manage rules by using Outlook 2013 in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2866064 Can't load OWA Premium by using Internet Explorer 11 in an Exchange Server environment
- 2874070 Public folders are exposed although the user does not have rights to see the parent folders in an Exchange Server 2010 SP3 environment
- 2878175 Client Access server crashes when you use Outlook with a Riverbed WAN optimizer in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2879320 Retention action setting is not updated in FAI items by running the Set-RetentionPolicyTag cmdlet in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2879736 Office 365 users cannot retrieve an on-premises user’s free/busy data in an Exchange Server 2010-based hybrid deployment
- 2880153 RPC Client Access Service crashes if Outlook is in online mode in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2880290 RPC Client Access service crashes when you use Outlook in ANSI online mode in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2882467 RPC Client Access service stops if Outlook is in online mode in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2882677 BlackBerry device is not redirected in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2886469 EAS client receives status code 8 during synchronization in an on-premises Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2886567 Objects added to a BindingSource's list must all be of the same type" error message when you add an additional domain name in Exchange Server 2010 SP3
- 2887574 RPC Client Access service freezes when your mailbox reaches the quota limit in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2888406 Mailbox Replication service crashes when you try to move mailboxes in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2888906 Events 1000, 4999, and 9775 are logged when Store.exe crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 SP3 Mailbox server
- 2888911 W3wp.exe crashes when you decline a meeting request by using Outlook Web App or an EWS application in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2890650 Items in the Drafts folder are not stamped with the retention policy tag in an Exchange Server 2010 or 2013 environment
- 2891194 Exchange ActiveSync devices are marked as "Blocked" in EMS and EMC when the devices are synchronizing with the Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2892337 Outlook client freezes when you try to sort email folders by columns in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2893437 Delegate can read your AD RMS protected messages by using Outlook Web App in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2896304 Background image is displayed incorrectly in an email message when a disclaimer rule is enabled in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2899146 You cannot drag email messages to other folders by using Outlook Web App in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Download Update Rollup 3 For Exchange 2010 SP3 (KB2891587)
Date Published: 11/25/2013
File name: Exchange2010-KB2891587-x64-en.msp
File size: 30.9 MB
KB Articles: KB2891587
For list of Exchange 2010 list of Update Rollup and build numbers visit Wiki Page
23. November 2013 15:37
Rollup 4 for Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Service Pack 2 (KB2870877).
Changes in this update:
- 2889345 Accounts are locked out beyond the AccountLockoutResetTime period in Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 SP2
- 2890549 Incorrect Performance Monitor values when queried from a .NET Framework app in Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
- 2890563 “URL” and “Destination Host Name” values are unreadable in the web proxy log of Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
- 2891026 Firewall Service leaks memory if Malware Inspection is enabled in Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
- 2888619 A password change is unsuccessful if a user’s DN attribute contains a forward slash and an Active Directory LDAP-defined special character in Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
- 2863383 “Query stopped because an error occurred while it was running” when you run a non-live query in Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 SP2
- 2899720 Threat Management Gateway 2010 incorrectly sends “Keep-Alive” headers when it replies to Media Player WPAD file requests
- 2899716 Firewall service (Wspsrv.exe) crashes when a web publishing request is handled in Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
- 2899713 Access to certain SSL websites may be unavailable when HTTPS Inspection is enabled in Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
This again shows TMG isn’t “dead” since it received it’s End-of-Life status.. yet.
Note that TMG support will end on April 14th, 2015 and extended support will end on April 14th, 2020.
You can request Forefront TMG SP2 RU4 directly from support here
22. November 2013 23:58
Prior to the Fall 2013 preview release, Windows Azure Active Directory provided administrators with the ability to reset their passwords automatically without contacting Microsoft Support or another administrator in their organization. Now, this capability is available for all users in your Windows Azure Active Directory domains.
Self-service password reset for users allows end users in your organization to reset their passwords automatically without calling an administrator or helpdesk for support.
Continue at source…
Once you provide matching passwords that meet the organizational policy, your password is reset and you can log in with your new password immediately.
More at source.
22. November 2013 23:52
Office 365 New DirSync version re-released
New features and fixes for:
DirSync can be installed on a Domain Controller
Sync Engine memory leak issue
Sync Engine export issue (FIM 2010 R2 hotfix 4.1.3493.0)
"Staging-Error" during large Confirming Imports from Windows Azure Active Directory
password sync behavior when sync'ing from Read-Only Domain Controllers (RODC)
DirSync setup behavior for domains with '@' symbol in NetBois names
Customer facing documentation on how to deploy can be found here
Also see the Wiki
You can check your DirSync version by running the following PowerShell command:
(GP 'hklm:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Online Directory Sync').DisplayVersion
The latest version can be downloaded here: Windows Azure Active Directory Sync tool – 64 bit
21. November 2013 13:16
Microsoft Exchange Server Protocol Documentation
The Microsoft Exchange protocol documentation provides detailed technical specifications for the Microsoft protocols and extensions to industry-standard and other published protocols that are implemented and used by Microsoft Exchange.
The documentation is designed to describe each protocol in detail as it is used by Microsoft Exchange. Each specification documents technical requirements, limitations, dependencies, and specific protocol behavior.
The documentation includes companion overview and reference documents that supplement the technical specifications with conceptual background information, overviews of inter-protocol relationships and interactions, and technical reference information.
Date Published: 11/20/2013
File name: Exchange_Protocols.zip
File size: 83.2 MB
Download Microsoft Exchange Server Protocol Documentation
Exchange and Microsoft Outlook Standards Documentation
The Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Outlook standards documentation describes how Exchange and Outlook support industry messaging standards and RFC documents about iCalendar, IMAP4, and POP3.
The documentation includes companion overview and reference documents that supplement the technical specifications with background information, terminology, and technical reference information.
Download Exchange and Microsoft Outlook Standards Documentation
Date Published: 11/20/2013
File name: Exchange_Standards.zip
File size: 4.0 MB
21. November 2013 13:04
An updated version of the Networking Guide is now available including a new Appendix C covering The Lync Call Quality Methodology or CQM. CQM is a holistic way to systematically define and assert call quality based upon the methods outlined in the Networking Guide. CQM divides a Lync implementation into ten discrete areas that impact quality, defining targets and a remediation plan for each one. CQM is a framework to tackle call quality problems – you can modify or extend it to address the particular conditions on your network. Appendix D includes techniques to troubleshoot poor streams that CQM surfaces.
The Networking Guide now includes the list of Lync 2010 KHIs to validate server health, a complete set of CQM queries, and a PowerShell script file to collect KHI data.
Download Network Planning, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting with Lync Server
Date Published: 11/20/2013
File name: Lync_Server_Networking_Guide_v2.zip
File size: 3.3 MB
20. November 2013 00:57
Today on the Office blog we announced that service pack 1 for the 2013 set of products including Office, SharePoint and Exchange will be released early next year. We know our Exchange customers have been looking for confirmation of the release but also have a desire for an early look at what's coming with Exchange Server 2013 Service Pack 1 (SP1). So let's have a first look a few things you can expect to see in SP1. But wait… we haven’t released CU3 – well, news about CU3 is imminent - stay tuned for more information about CU3 coming very soon.
Continue at source…
12. November 2013 18:03
In the November Update for the Lync 2013 Desktop Client, the Lync team is pleased to introduce several new features to enhance your Lync experience. These were created based on the feedback we received from our partners and customers through Microsoft field personnel and Technology Adoption Programs (TAP). So please continue to provide feedback to your Microsoft contacts so we can continue to make your Lync experience even better!
Continue at source…
12. November 2013 09:30
Interactive Office 365 service comparison, you can also download excel file from web page (click on image)
Visit the Office 365 Service Descriptions in the TechNet library for detailed descriptions of the services and features that are available with Office 365. The feature tables in the Office 365 Service Descriptions also include footnotes that provide additional information about specific plans.
11. November 2013 11:22
Microsoft Exchange RPC Extractor (RPX) это консольная утилита которая позволяет "парсить" RPC трафик c клиента до сервера Microsoft Exchange. RPX использует информацию, содержащуюся в документации Microsoft Exchange protocol documentation для анализа RPC.
RPX совместим с Microsoft Network Monitor (Netmon) версии 3.3 и новыми версиями. RPX не требует установленного Netmon на компьютере, достаточно на любом компьютере сохранить фаил в Microsoft Network Monitor и обработать его в RPX. Для того чтобы "запарсить" RPC трафик, RPX требует чтобы трафик не был зашифрован. Для Microsoft Office Outlook, это можно отключить опцию "Шифрование данных между Outlook и Microsoft Exchange" доступны из панели управления.
RPX поддерживается на компьютерах под управлением x86 и x64 (Windows Vista/7/8, Server 2008/2012/2012R2)
Загрузить Microsoft Exchange RPC Extractor 2.0
File Name: ExchRPX20.msi
Date Published: 11/8/2013
5. November 2013 22:22
New meeting icon, easy way to detect if you have latest path installed