20. August 2013 00:12
This document contains high-level guidance for properly scaling and deploying a multi-tenant Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 solution. It includes details of testing performed in Microsoft labs to validate the scalability of the product and suggests methods that can be used during the design and deployment process to mitigate potential risks associated with such solutions.
Date Published: 8/19/2013
File name: MultiTenantScalabilityGuidanceForExchangeServer2013.docx
File size: 275 KB
Download Multi-Tenant Scalability Guidance for Exchange Server 2013
3. August 2013 09:21
Microsoft Application Request Routing (ARR) for IIS is a proxy-based routing module that forwards HTTP requests to application servers based on HTTP headers, server variables, and load balance algorithms.
ARR Version 3 is an incremental release that includes all of the features from Version 2, and adds the following features:
- Websocket support
- Support for application-triggered session affinity opt out
- Retries for URL health Monitoring
- Failcheck reliability improvements
- Various bug fixes ARR version 3 and previous released cannot be installed side-by-side.
- More details can be found on www.iis.net
Download Microsoft Application Request Routing Version 3 for IIS or install using Microsoft Web Platform Installer(search for ARR within it)
Date Published: 7/26/2013
File name: requestRouter_x64.msi
File size: 1.9 MB
File name: requestRouter_x86.msi
File size: 1.6 MB
How to use Application Request Routing (ARR) in Exchange you can read at The Exchange Team Blog
Part 1: Reverse Proxy for Exchange Server 2013 using IIS ARR
Part 2: Reverse Proxy for Exchange Server 2013 using IIS ARR
Part 3: Reverse Proxy for Exchange Server 2013 using IIS ARR
Part 4: Reverse Proxy for Exchange Server 2013 using IIS ARR
2. August 2013 22:25
These downloads contain pre-recorded prompts, grammar files, text to speech data, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) files, and Voice Mail Preview capabilities for a specific language that is supported by Exchange 2013 CU2 Unified Messaging (UM). Warning: This UM language pack must only be installed as an add-in to Exchange Server 2013 CU2 Unified Messaging.
Unified Messaging (UM) language packs allow an Exchange Server 2013 CU2 UM server to speak additional languages to callers and recognize other languages when callers use ASR or when voice messages are transcribed. UM language packs contain:
- Pre-recorded prompts, for example "After the tone, please record your message. When you’ve finished recording, hang up, or press the # key for more options." in the language of the UM language pack.
- Grammar files that are used by a UM server to lookup the names of given users in the directory in the language of the UM language pack.
- Text to Speech (TTS) translation so that content (e-mail, calendar, contact information, etc.) can be read to callers in the language of the UM language pack.
- Support for Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), which allows callers to interact with UM using the voice user interface (VUI) in the language of the UM language pack.
- Support for Voice Mail Preview which allows users to read the transcript of voice mail messages in a specific language from within a supported e-mail client such as Outlook or Outlook Web Access.
Date Published: 8/2/2013
UMLanguagePack.ca-ES.exe 125.1 MB
UMLanguagePack.da-DK.exe 105.0 MB
UMLanguagePack.de-DE.exe 119.3 MB
UMLanguagePack.en-AU.exe 96.5 MB
UMLanguagePack.en-CA.exe 186.8 MB
UMLanguagePack.en-GB.exe 96.3 MB
UMLanguagePack.en-IN.exe 100.9 MB
UMLanguagePack.en-US.exe 223.6 MB
UMLanguagePack.es-ES.exe 150.4 MB
UMLanguagePack.es-MX.exe 123.4 MB
UMLanguagePack.fi-FI.exe 110.6 MB
UMLanguagePack.fr-CA.exe 114.2 MB
UMLanguagePack.fr-FR.exe 154.6 MB
UMLanguagePack.it-IT.exe 161.7 MB
UMLanguagePack.ja-JP.exe 99.1 MB
UMLanguagePack.ko-KR.exe 109.3 MB
UMLanguagePack.nb-NO.exe 99.2 MB
UMLanguagePack.nl-NL.exe 104.3 MB
UMLanguagePack.pl-PL.exe 144.0 MB
UMLanguagePack.pt-BR.exe 115.0 MB
UMLanguagePack.pt-PT.exe 175.2 MB
UMLanguagePack.ru-RU.exe 110.7 MB
UMLanguagePack.sv-SE.exe 87.9 MB
UMLanguagePack.zh-CN.exe 121.8 MB
UMLanguagePack.zh-HK.exe 113.0 MB
UMLanguagePack.zh-TW.exe 111.4 MB
Download Exchange Server 2013 CU2 UM Language Packs
Download the file and use Exchange Server 2013 CU2 setup to install the UM language pack.
Example: Setup.com /AddUmLanguagePack:UmLanguagePackName /s: d:\MyLocalFolder
Install each language pack on each UM server and set it to the default language on all of the dial plans that the UM server is associated with when you want to make that language available to users.
Warning: These UM language packs must only be installed as an add-in to 64-bit Exchange Server 2013 CU2 Unified Messaging.
See also Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 2 (CU2) (Re-Release)
2. August 2013 08:07
Hotfix for Symantec Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange 10.0.4, Build 1189 - Mandatory Hotfix for Exchange 2013 Cumulative Update Support
This hotfix adds support of installing Exchange 2013 Cumulative Update, remind you that Cumulative Update for Exchange 2013 allows you to use co-existing with Microsoft Exchange 2007 or Microsoft Exchange 2010 servers, in addition to the support of Microsoft Exchange 2013 native mode already available in the Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 release.
Article URL: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209191
1. August 2013 15:39
In recent update to Windows Phone 8 platform user may notice that now Google Account on Windows Phone are fully supported using CardDAV and CalDAV protocols
This is screens from my HTC 8X, update screen (updated to GDR2 few weeks ago) and Google Account Settings screens, on the second screen Email, Contacts and Calendar sync Settings, and on last screen Contacts and Calendar Server settings.
Also remind you that Google is planning to drop ActiveSync (EAS) support in gmail, so if you planning to continue to use your gmail account on Windows Phone with Contacts and Calendar sync you should consider to update to GDR2
BTW, Recent statement about Google EAS support is;
We’ve reached an agreement with Google to extend support for new Windows Phone connections to the Google Sync service through December 31, 2013
1. August 2013 13:55
I am sure that many of you use Dynamic Memory in Lab Environments while testing Exchange 2013, but how about Production environment? Have you thought about official support of dynamic memory in Exchange 2013?
In short, dynamic memory features for Exchange isn't supported.
For more information refer to this TechNet Article which describes using Exchange in Virtual Environments Exchange 2013 Virtualization
1. August 2013 09:11
Microsoft Office Mobile is the official Office companion optimized for your Android phone. You can access, view and edit your Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint documents from virtually anywhere. Documents look like the originals, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt graphics and shapes. When you make quick edits or add comments to a document, the formatting and content remain intact.
Access documents from virtually anywhere:
- Cloud – With your phone, you can access Office documents that are stored on SkyDrive, SkyDrive Pro, or SharePoint.
- Recent Documents – Office Mobile is cloud-connected. The documents you’ve recently viewed on your computer are readily available on your phone in the recent documents panel.
- Email Attachments – You can view and edit Office documents attached to email messages.
Office documents look stunning:
- Great-Looking Documents - Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents look great on your phone, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt Graphics, and shapes.
- Optimized for phone - Word, Excel and PowerPoint have been optimized for the small screen of your phone.
- Resume Reading - When opening a Word document from SkyDrive or SkyDrive Pro on your phone, it automatically resumes at the place where you left off reading, even if you last viewed the document on your PC or tablet.
- Presentation Views - The Slide Navigator view in PowerPoint lets you browse slides faster, while speaker notes help you practice your presentation.
Make quick edits and share:
- Edit - You can make quick edits to Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
- Documents Remain Intact - Formatting and content remain intact when you edit Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents on your phone.
- Edit While Offline - Your device doesn’t have to be continuously connected to the network to work on an Office document that is stored online. You can view and edit recently used documents even while you’re offline. Your changes will be saved online when your device reconnects to the network or to Wi-Fi.
- Create – You can create new Word and Excel documents on your phone.
- Comments - You can review comments that have been made in Word and Excel documents on your phone and add your own comments.
- Share - When you’re done with your edits or comments, simply send the document in email or save it to SkyDrive or SharePoint.
Office Mobile for Android phones
Office 365 subscribers get Office Mobile for Android phones
30. July 2013 16:50
Microsoft Support has released a cumulative update for Lync 2013, which includes the Two-factor Authentication feature, as well as new functionality for the Lync 2013 Desktop Client
Author: Tim Rich, Microsoft Technical Writer
Publication date: July 29, 2013
Product version: Lync 2013
Continue at source…
30. July 2013 09:02
Concerned about Load Balancing in Exchange 2013? Take a look on articles below to better understand Load balancing requirements in Exchange 2013 and difference between Exchange 2010
TechNet Article: Exchange Server 2013 > Mailbox and Client Access Servers > Client Access Server
Mailbox and Client Access Servers > Client Access Server Load Balancing
See also msexchange.org article Introducing Load Balancing in Exchange Server 2013
Introducing Load Balancing in Exchange Server 2013 (Part 1)
Introducing Load Balancing in Exchange Server 2013 (Part 2)
30. July 2013 08:01
Cumulative Update 2 for Exchange Server 2013 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2013 CU1 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2013 customers.
The CU2 package can be used to perform a new installation, or to upgrade an existing Exchange Server 2013 installation to CU2.
You do not need to install Cumulative Update 1 for Exchange Server 2013 when you are installing CU2.
Cumulative Update 2 for Exchange Server 2013 contains the following major changes:
- CU2 increases the maximum number of supported databases per server from 50 to 100 in the Enterprise Edition;
- Enables silent redirection for Outlook Web App (OWA) to Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2013 when using multiple internet-facing AD sites or alternative ExternalURL settings (i.e. for legacy purposes);
- Introduces the DAG Management Service which will offload monitoring and reporting from the Replication Service;
- Shifting several responders from per-server throttling to per-group throttling;
- Support for updating local help files using the cmdlet Update-ExchangeHelp;
- Improvements in OWA Search to indicate search hit locations;
- Introduction of *-MalwareFilterRule Cmdlets to apply custom malware policies to users, groups or domains.
In addition the following (incomplete) list with things fixed in this CU (the list of bug fixes in this CU is undisclosed yet):
- KB2866064 Can’t load OWA Premium by using Internet Explorer 11 in an Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Server 2010 or Exchange Server 2007 environment
- KB2846288 Information store worker process crashes when you export mailboxes in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- KB2842504 EAS users incorrectly throttled in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- KB2830765 “MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER” error when you use a MAPI application in a mixed Exchange Server 2013 and Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010 environment
- KB2835562 You can’t disable Outlook Web App access for users in on-premises Exchange Server
Download Cumulative Update 2 for Exchange Server 2013 (KB2859928) (Download file can be used as a full installation package for new installation (or upgrade), you can safely delete RTM and CU1 download file :) from your distrib. folder)
Version: 15.00.0712.024 (re-release)
Date Published: 7/9/2013
File name: Exchange-x64.exe
File size: 1.3 GB
KB Articles: KB2859928
Note: After you install this cumulative update package, you cannot uninstall the cumulative update package to revert to an earlier version of Exchange 2013. If you uninstall this cumulative update package, Exchange 2013 is removed from the server.
For list of Exchange Server 2013 version and CU visit Wiki page
Exchange Server 2013 and Cumulative Updates (CU’s) Build Numbers
For more info visit Released: Exchange Server 2013 RTM Cumulative Update 2 and
Release Notes for Exchange 2013
24. July 2013 23:46
This reporting workbook provides you with a detailed view into the email protection data that is available in the Office 365 Reporting dashboard.
This workbook is available to all Exchange Online and Exchange Online Protection customers. The workbook provides summary graphs for a number of different types of email message filtering. This includes messages identified as spam, malware, or good mail (mail that cleanly passed all filtering). It also shows graphs for messages that were identified by either a transport rule or DLP policy (Exchange Online customers only).
The data for the summary graphs is pulled locally via a web service call. After loading the summary data into the workbook, you can perform deeper analysis through the use of data slicers. These allow you to change the view of the data in order to identify trends or unusual activity. When such a condition is found, you can click through from the summary to the detail data. Another web service call will be made to pull the detail data that you can use to identify the actual messages that caused the condition seen in the summary graph.
Download Microsoft Office 365 Excel Plugin for Exchange Online Reporting
Date Published: 7/22/2013
File name: MailProtectionReport_v2_en32.msi (For Office Excel 2013 32 bit)
File size: 2.7 MB
File name: MailProtectionReport_v2_en64.msi (For Office Excel 2013 64 bit)
File size: 2.7 MB
1. Microsoft Office Excel 2013
2. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
3. Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant (for Exchange Online Protection customers only)
4. An Office 365 subscription that contains Exchange Online or Exchange Online Protection
5. Email address you use to sign in to Office 365
1. Install the required software if it is not already installed.
2. Download the installer. Select the installer that aligns with your version of Excel 2013. For 32-bit Excel 2013 use the 32-bit MSI
3. Run the installer and follow the prompts.
Note: Customers who purchase EOP as part of the Exchange Enterprise CAL with Services subscription plan should install the workbook by selecting the Exchange Online service rather than the Exchange Online Protection service.
4. After completing the installation, open the workbook in Excel 2013 using the shortcut on your desktop.