2. August 2013 22:25
These downloads contain pre-recorded prompts, grammar files, text to speech data, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) files, and Voice Mail Preview capabilities for a specific language that is supported by Exchange 2013 CU2 Unified Messaging (UM). Warning: This UM language pack must only be installed as an add-in to Exchange Server 2013 CU2 Unified Messaging.
Unified Messaging (UM) language packs allow an Exchange Server 2013 CU2 UM server to speak additional languages to callers and recognize other languages when callers use ASR or when voice messages are transcribed. UM language packs contain:
- Pre-recorded prompts, for example "After the tone, please record your message. When you’ve finished recording, hang up, or press the # key for more options." in the language of the UM language pack.
- Grammar files that are used by a UM server to lookup the names of given users in the directory in the language of the UM language pack.
- Text to Speech (TTS) translation so that content (e-mail, calendar, contact information, etc.) can be read to callers in the language of the UM language pack.
- Support for Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), which allows callers to interact with UM using the voice user interface (VUI) in the language of the UM language pack.
- Support for Voice Mail Preview which allows users to read the transcript of voice mail messages in a specific language from within a supported e-mail client such as Outlook or Outlook Web Access.
Date Published: 8/2/2013
UMLanguagePack.ca-ES.exe 125.1 MB
UMLanguagePack.da-DK.exe 105.0 MB
UMLanguagePack.de-DE.exe 119.3 MB
UMLanguagePack.en-AU.exe 96.5 MB
UMLanguagePack.en-CA.exe 186.8 MB
UMLanguagePack.en-GB.exe 96.3 MB
UMLanguagePack.en-IN.exe 100.9 MB
UMLanguagePack.en-US.exe 223.6 MB
UMLanguagePack.es-ES.exe 150.4 MB
UMLanguagePack.es-MX.exe 123.4 MB
UMLanguagePack.fi-FI.exe 110.6 MB
UMLanguagePack.fr-CA.exe 114.2 MB
UMLanguagePack.fr-FR.exe 154.6 MB
UMLanguagePack.it-IT.exe 161.7 MB
UMLanguagePack.ja-JP.exe 99.1 MB
UMLanguagePack.ko-KR.exe 109.3 MB
UMLanguagePack.nb-NO.exe 99.2 MB
UMLanguagePack.nl-NL.exe 104.3 MB
UMLanguagePack.pl-PL.exe 144.0 MB
UMLanguagePack.pt-BR.exe 115.0 MB
UMLanguagePack.pt-PT.exe 175.2 MB
UMLanguagePack.ru-RU.exe 110.7 MB
UMLanguagePack.sv-SE.exe 87.9 MB
UMLanguagePack.zh-CN.exe 121.8 MB
UMLanguagePack.zh-HK.exe 113.0 MB
UMLanguagePack.zh-TW.exe 111.4 MB
Download Exchange Server 2013 CU2 UM Language Packs
Download the file and use Exchange Server 2013 CU2 setup to install the UM language pack.
Example: Setup.com /AddUmLanguagePack:UmLanguagePackName /s: d:\MyLocalFolder
Install each language pack on each UM server and set it to the default language on all of the dial plans that the UM server is associated with when you want to make that language available to users.
Warning: These UM language packs must only be installed as an add-in to 64-bit Exchange Server 2013 CU2 Unified Messaging.
See also Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 2 (CU2) (Re-Release)
2. August 2013 08:07
Hotfix for Symantec Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange 10.0.4, Build 1189 - Mandatory Hotfix for Exchange 2013 Cumulative Update Support
This hotfix adds support of installing Exchange 2013 Cumulative Update, remind you that Cumulative Update for Exchange 2013 allows you to use co-existing with Microsoft Exchange 2007 or Microsoft Exchange 2010 servers, in addition to the support of Microsoft Exchange 2013 native mode already available in the Symantec Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 release.
Article URL: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH209191
1. August 2013 13:55
I am sure that many of you use Dynamic Memory in Lab Environments while testing Exchange 2013, but how about Production environment? Have you thought about official support of dynamic memory in Exchange 2013?
In short, dynamic memory features for Exchange isn't supported.
For more information refer to this TechNet Article which describes using Exchange in Virtual Environments Exchange 2013 Virtualization
30. July 2013 09:02
Concerned about Load Balancing in Exchange 2013? Take a look on articles below to better understand Load balancing requirements in Exchange 2013 and difference between Exchange 2010
TechNet Article: Exchange Server 2013 > Mailbox and Client Access Servers > Client Access Server
Mailbox and Client Access Servers > Client Access Server Load Balancing
See also msexchange.org article Introducing Load Balancing in Exchange Server 2013
Introducing Load Balancing in Exchange Server 2013 (Part 1)
Introducing Load Balancing in Exchange Server 2013 (Part 2)
30. July 2013 08:01
Cumulative Update 2 for Exchange Server 2013 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2013 CU1 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2013 customers.
The CU2 package can be used to perform a new installation, or to upgrade an existing Exchange Server 2013 installation to CU2.
You do not need to install Cumulative Update 1 for Exchange Server 2013 when you are installing CU2.
Cumulative Update 2 for Exchange Server 2013 contains the following major changes:
- CU2 increases the maximum number of supported databases per server from 50 to 100 in the Enterprise Edition;
- Enables silent redirection for Outlook Web App (OWA) to Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2013 when using multiple internet-facing AD sites or alternative ExternalURL settings (i.e. for legacy purposes);
- Introduces the DAG Management Service which will offload monitoring and reporting from the Replication Service;
- Shifting several responders from per-server throttling to per-group throttling;
- Support for updating local help files using the cmdlet Update-ExchangeHelp;
- Improvements in OWA Search to indicate search hit locations;
- Introduction of *-MalwareFilterRule Cmdlets to apply custom malware policies to users, groups or domains.
In addition the following (incomplete) list with things fixed in this CU (the list of bug fixes in this CU is undisclosed yet):
- KB2866064 Can’t load OWA Premium by using Internet Explorer 11 in an Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Server 2010 or Exchange Server 2007 environment
- KB2846288 Information store worker process crashes when you export mailboxes in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- KB2842504 EAS users incorrectly throttled in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- KB2830765 “MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER” error when you use a MAPI application in a mixed Exchange Server 2013 and Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010 environment
- KB2835562 You can’t disable Outlook Web App access for users in on-premises Exchange Server
Download Cumulative Update 2 for Exchange Server 2013 (KB2859928) (Download file can be used as a full installation package for new installation (or upgrade), you can safely delete RTM and CU1 download file :) from your distrib. folder)
Version: 15.00.0712.024 (re-release)
Date Published: 7/9/2013
File name: Exchange-x64.exe
File size: 1.3 GB
KB Articles: KB2859928
Note: After you install this cumulative update package, you cannot uninstall the cumulative update package to revert to an earlier version of Exchange 2013. If you uninstall this cumulative update package, Exchange 2013 is removed from the server.
For list of Exchange Server 2013 version and CU visit Wiki page
Exchange Server 2013 and Cumulative Updates (CU’s) Build Numbers
For more info visit Released: Exchange Server 2013 RTM Cumulative Update 2 and
Release Notes for Exchange 2013
13. July 2013 09:19
The Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Management Pack provides comprehensive service health information for your Exchange organization.
The Exchange 2013 Management Pack is engineered for organizations that include servers running Exchange 2013.
The key feature of this management pack is user focused monitoring. The simplified dashboard focuses on the user experience and makes it easier for you quickly determine exactly what your users are experiencing. Feature Summary:
The Exchange Server 2013 Management Pack works with the Managed Availability feature in Exchange 2013. The alerts within the System Center Operations Manager
(SCOM) portal indicate unhealthy states as reported by the Managed Availability components in Exchange 2013.
The following are some of the new features in the Exchange 2013 Management Pack:
- Simplified dashboard The dashboard of the Exchange 2013 Management Pack has been simplified and refined into the following three categorie
- Active Alerts Provides a list of all outstanding alerts in your organization.
- Organization Health Provides an overview of the overall service health in your organization.
- Server Health Provides an overview of the health of individual servers in your organization.
- User focused monitoring Exchange 2013 introduces a monitoring and recovery infrastructure called Managed Availability. Managed Availability focuses on the user experience. All Exchange 2013 components have built-in monitors that detect problems and attempt to recover the service availability. Any issues that can't be recovered automatically are escalated to the Exchange 2013 Management Pack as an alert.
You have one of the following versions of System Center Operations Manager deployed:
- System Center Operations Manager 2012 RTM or later
- System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 or later
Fore more information refer to Exchange Server 2013 Management Pack Documentation
Download Exchange Server 2013 Management Pack
Date Published: 7/12/2013
File name: ExchangeServerManagementPack.msi
File size: 200 KB
25. June 2013 14:28
Just tested in LAB,
Exchange Server 2013 CU1 works fine on Windows Server 2012 R2 (9431)
Please Note: That this is just a test environment, no official statement or support was announced yet.
22. June 2013 09:55
Microsoft TechEd is Premiere Event for IT Professionals & Enterprise Developers
Hands-on learning, deep product exploration, & countless opportunities to build relationships with a community of Microsoft experts and your peers. As usual they are all available as on-demand recordings (webcasts) and slide decks are also online.
Complete overview of the Exchange Server 2013 TechEd2013 NA related sessions:
11. June 2013 22:04
New SSL tools from DigiCert about old one see this post
The DigiCert Certificate Utility for Windows is an invaluable tool for anyone that manages SSL and Code Signing Certificates. As a Certificate Authority and leader in digital certificate support, DigiCert created this tool to specifically target our customer's pain points.
The DigiCert Certificate Utility lets you:
- Create a private key and CSR, send the CSR to DigiCert, issue the certificate, and install the issued certificate in just one click
- Generate and upload a CSR before a certificate is validated
- Install certificates that already have CSRs in one click
- Track the status of pending orders and view the associated SANs for each certificate
- See all of the SSL Certificates installed on your server
- View details for each certificate
- Copy SSL Certificates between servers
- Renew SSL Certificates
- Fix intermediate certificate problems
- Edit your certificate's friendly name
- Show the SSL Certificate chain that a server is sending to clients (great for internal networks)
- Install a certificate to a pending request
- Test a certificate's private key and revocation status
- Delete old certificates and stay organized
- Sign or re-sign multiple pieces of code in just one step
- Sign code with the click of a button
- Automatically check to make sure the correct certificate is being used for kernel-mode signing
- Prevent broken certificate chains
- Verify signed code
- Check for errors during the code signing process
- Look at time stamp information
- Repair a certificate that is not associated correctly to a private key
- Run the code signing portion of the utility through a command prompt
Download DigiCert Certificate Utility for Windows
11. June 2013 08:13
Technical Architecture of Exchange Server 2013
Version: June 2013
Date Published: 6/10/2013
File name: Ex2013Architecture.pdf
File size: 482 KB
This PDF poster illustrates the technical architecture of Exchange Server 2013
Download Exchange Server 2013 Architecture Poster
More at The Exchange Team Blog