20. June 2014 10:54
The Office 365 for business roadmap lists updates that are currently planned for applicable subscribers. Updates are at various stages from being in development to rolling-out to customers to being generally available for applicable customers world-wide. Expand an update to learn more about it and click the learn more link to read more details. Learn more about Office 365 for business service updates here.
11. June 2014 09:57
Exchange Server 2013 CU5 Installation Issue
This week one of the servers we wanted to upgrade with Exchange server 2013 CU5 failed during the prerequisite analysis. The server was running Exchange server 2013 SP1 also known as CU4.
Continue at source…
27. May 2014 09:09
Cumulative Update 5 for Exchange Server 2013 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2013 SP1 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2013 customers.
File Name: Exchange2013-x64-cu5.exe
Date Published: 5/23/2014
File Size: 1.5 GB
KB Articles: KB2936880
CU5 update resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2963590Message routing latency if IPv6 is enabled in Exchange Server 2013
- 2963566Outlook Web App accessibility improvement for UI appearance in Exchange Server 2013
- 2962439You cannot sync contacts or tasks in Microsoft CRM client for Outlook in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2962435CRM synchronization fails if the time zone name of a meeting is not set in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2962434Slow performance in Outlook Web App when Lync is integrated with Exchange Server 2013
- 2958430"Some or all Identity references could not be translated" error when you manage DAG in Exchange Server 2013 SP1 in a disjoint namespace domain
- 2957592IME is disabled in Outlook Web App when you press Tab to move the focus in an email message in Exchange Server 2013
- 2942609Exchange ActiveSync proxy does not work from Exchange Server 2013 to Exchange Server 2007
- 2941221EWS integration for Lync works incorrectly in an Exchange Server 2013 and 2007 coexistence environment
- 2926742Plain-text message body is cleared when writing in Outlook Web App by using Internet Explorer 8 in Exchange Server 2013
- 2926308Sender's email address is broken after importing a PST file into an Exchange Server 2013 mailbox
- 2925559Users always get the FBA page when they access OWA or ECP in Exchange Server 2013
- 2924519SyncHealth\Hub" folder is created unexpectedly after installing Cumulative Update 2 for Exchange Server 2013
- 2916113Cannot open .tif files from email messages by using Windows-based applications in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- 2592398Email messages in the Sent Items folder have the same PR_INTERNET_MESSAGE_ID property in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Download Cumulative Update 5 for Exchange Server 2013 (KB2936880)
Additional Reading Exchange 2013 CU5 a good update
Released: Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 5
27. May 2014 08:05
Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3) resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU5 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2010 SP3 customers.
File Name: Exchange2010-KB2936871-x64-en.msp
Date Published: 5/23/2014
File Size: 43.8 MB
KB Articles: KB2936871
Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2960652Organizer name and meeting status field can be changed by EAS clients in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2957762"A folder with same name already exists" error when you rename an Outlook folder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2952799Event ID 2084 occurs and Exchange server loses connection to the domain controllers in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2934091Event ID 1000 and 7031 when users cannot connect to mailboxes in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2932402Cannot move a mailbox after you install Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU3 (KB2891587)
- 2931842EWS cannot identify the attachment in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2928703Retention policy is applied unexpectedly to a folder when Outlook rule moves a copy in Exchange Server 2010
- 2927265Get-Message cmdlet does not respect the defined write scope in Exchange Server 2010
- 2925273Folder views are not updated when you arrange by categories in Outlook after you apply Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 Update Rollup 3 or Update Rollup 4
- 2924592Exchange RPC Client Access service freezes when you open an attached file in Outlook Online mode in Exchange Server 2010
- 2923865Cannot connect to Exchange Server 2010 when the RPC Client Access service crashes
Download Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
26. May 2014 10:34
Today Jeremy is joined by information protection engineering lead, Asaf Kashi, to explain the principles of data security and compliance along with the controls for administrators, end users and compliance officers. They discuss how built-in controls in Office 365 for Data Loss Prevention - including the new document fingerprinting - can help inform end users of policies and prevent data from being compromised. They also go deep with Office 365 Message Encryption and show how encrypted and branded messages to just about anyone.
More at Source
13. May 2014 10:02
For BDMs and architects, this model describes the available platform options for Exchange 2013. Customers can choose from Exchange Online with Office 365, Hybrid Exchange, Exchange Server on-premises and Hosted Exchange. The poster includes details of each architectural option, including the most ideal scenarios for each, the license requirements and IT Pro responsibilities.
Download Exchange 2013 Platform Options
Date Published: 5/12/2014
File Name: Exchange 2013 Platform Options.pdf 576 KB
File Name: Exchange 2013 Platform Options.vsd 2.9 MB
11. April 2014 18:17
In Exchange Server 2013 Service Pack 1we got new commandlets
BTW, In Exchange 2013 CU2 and later versions we have “Downloadable PowerShell Help” this means that we can update Exchange to latest cmdlet help package on local Exchange server, this significantly reduces time to get localized cmdlet updates. All you need is to run Update-ExchangeHelp
After update cmdlet Help and TechNet Help topics will be the same, and you do not need to wait for SP/CU anymore to have updated cmdlet Help
This is list what we get in Exchange 2013 SP1 (hope this is full list, in case you know more let me know)
Add addional 33 cmdlets in Edge Transport
8. April 2014 11:59
In addition of Windows XPEnd of Support
Outlook 2003will transition out of extended support on 8th of April 2014
Exchange Server 2003 will transition out of extended support on 8th of April 2014
Exchange 2010 SP2 will transition out of support on 8th April 2014
And as a non Exchange specific item, please also note Windows 2003:
Windows Server 2003 will transition out of extended support on 14th of July 2015
4. April 2014 11:12
Update for Windows Server 2012 R2 is available for download for MSDN and TechNet subscribers and it will be generally available through Windows Update starting on April 8, 2014.
So what's in this update?
- Internet Explorer 11 now includes an “Enterprise Mode.” This mode is available if you disable Enhanced Security Configuration and provides better compatibility for sites designed for Internet Explorer 8, along with tools to manage which web apps use it. You can specify a list of web apps to render dynamically in Enterprise Mode, avoiding compatibility problems with web apps written for older versions of Internet Explorer. For more information, see the Internet Explorer 11 FAQ for IT Pros or TechNet documentation.
- The user interface includes buttons for Search and Power on the Start page. If you install the Desktop Experience feature, other changes introduced with Windows 8.1 Update will also be visible. For details, see What's new in Windows 8.1 Update and Windows RT 8.1 Update. The specific Windows 8.1 features installed when you install Desktop Experience have not changed from those in Windows Server 2012 R2 (see Desktop Experience Overview).
- Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) has added the capability for an administrator to enable signing in with an alternate login ID that is an attribute of the user object in Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). This enables customers to adopt Azure Active Directory without modifying on-premises User Principal Names (UPNs). It also allows users to log in to the computer using an Office 365 email address instead of a UPN. This change does not affect the Active Directory schema. For more information, see Configuring Alternate Login ID.
- The update includes all other updates released since Windows Server 2012 R2 was released.
To confirm the exact version of Windows Server 2012 R2 that is installed on a computer, run Msinfo32.exe. If Windows Server 2012 R2 Update is installed, the value reported for Hardware Abstraction Layer will be 6.3.9600.17031.
Microsoft Volume Licensing customers who are planning new or upgrade Windows Server 2012 R2 deployments will be able to get the new OS image through the Volume Licensing Service Center starting on April 14, 2014. We are also working with our server OEM partners to have their offerings updated to the Windows Server 2012 R2 Update image as quickly as possible. We expect various OEMs to roll out systems with Windows Server 2012 R2 Update quickly, but at different times.
Additional note from the Windows Server team blog:
No system APIs have been changed and there are no changes to hardware requirements. Aside from a single reboot, there is no action for you to take if you have turned on automatic update. Plus, you will not need to re-verify nor re-certify your server applications, including System Center. They should “just work” without requiring any additional testing.
31. March 2014 16:52
Enterprise Vault now offers support for Service Pack 1 for Exchange Server 2013 and Outlook 2013 (as a client).
See below for minimum Enterprise Vault versions:
- Exchange Server 2013 SP1 - Supported from Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 CHF2 or later
- Outlook 2013 SP1 - Supported as a client from Enterprise Vault 10.0.3 or later
SharePoint 2013 SP1 is still in certification and we expect to be able to announce support in the coming weeks.
check the Enterprise Vault compatibility guide for all certification information: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38537