30. July 2013 08:01
Cumulative Update 2 for Exchange Server 2013 resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2013 CU1 since the software was released. This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2013 customers.
The CU2 package can be used to perform a new installation, or to upgrade an existing Exchange Server 2013 installation to CU2.
You do not need to install Cumulative Update 1 for Exchange Server 2013 when you are installing CU2.
Cumulative Update 2 for Exchange Server 2013 contains the following major changes:
- CU2 increases the maximum number of supported databases per server from 50 to 100 in the Enterprise Edition;
- Enables silent redirection for Outlook Web App (OWA) to Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2013 when using multiple internet-facing AD sites or alternative ExternalURL settings (i.e. for legacy purposes);
- Introduces the DAG Management Service which will offload monitoring and reporting from the Replication Service;
- Shifting several responders from per-server throttling to per-group throttling;
- Support for updating local help files using the cmdlet Update-ExchangeHelp;
- Improvements in OWA Search to indicate search hit locations;
- Introduction of *-MalwareFilterRule Cmdlets to apply custom malware policies to users, groups or domains.
In addition the following (incomplete) list with things fixed in this CU (the list of bug fixes in this CU is undisclosed yet):
- KB2866064 Can’t load OWA Premium by using Internet Explorer 11 in an Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Server 2010 or Exchange Server 2007 environment
- KB2846288 Information store worker process crashes when you export mailboxes in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- KB2842504 EAS users incorrectly throttled in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- KB2830765 “MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER” error when you use a MAPI application in a mixed Exchange Server 2013 and Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010 environment
- KB2835562 You can’t disable Outlook Web App access for users in on-premises Exchange Server
Download Cumulative Update 2 for Exchange Server 2013 (KB2859928) (Download file can be used as a full installation package for new installation (or upgrade), you can safely delete RTM and CU1 download file :) from your distrib. folder)
Version: 15.00.0712.024 (re-release)
Date Published: 7/9/2013
File name: Exchange-x64.exe
File size: 1.3 GB
KB Articles: KB2859928
Note: After you install this cumulative update package, you cannot uninstall the cumulative update package to revert to an earlier version of Exchange 2013. If you uninstall this cumulative update package, Exchange 2013 is removed from the server.
For list of Exchange Server 2013 version and CU visit Wiki page
Exchange Server 2013 and Cumulative Updates (CU’s) Build Numbers
For more info visit Released: Exchange Server 2013 RTM Cumulative Update 2 and
Release Notes for Exchange 2013