13. February 2013 07:46
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP3 helps IT Professionals achieve new levels of reliability with greater flexibility, enhanced user experiences, and increased protection for business communications.
- Flexible and reliable - Exchange Server 2010 SP3 gives you the flexibility to tailor your deployment based on your company's unique needs and a simplified way to keep e-mail continuously available for your users.
- Anywhere access - Exchange Server 2010 SP3 helps your users get more done by giving them the freedom to securely access all their communications - e-mail, voice mail, instant messaging, and more - from virtually any platform, Web browser, or device.
- Protection and compliance - Exchange Server 2010 SP3 delivers integrated information loss prevention, and compliance tools aimed at helping you simplify the process of protecting your company's communications and meeting regulatory requirements.
Microsoft has released Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3) includes the following new features and capabilities:
- Coexistence with Exchange 2013: You can now install Exchange Server 2013 in your existing Exchange Server 2010 organization. To do this, install Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 1 (CU1). You cannot install Exchange Server 2013 in your existing Exchange Server 2010 organization by using Exchange Server 2013 RTM installation media. Note Exchange Server 2013 CU1 is also an installation medium for Exchange Server 2013.
- Support for Windows Server 2012: You can now install and deploy Exchange Server 2010 on computers that are running Windows Server 2012.
- Support for Internet Explorer 10: You can now use Internet Explorer 10 to connect to Exchange 2010.
- Customer Requested Fixes: Exchange Server 2010 SP3 contains all the fixes that are contained in update rollups that were released before SP3. For more information about the release schedules of Exchange 2010 updates, see Exchange 2010 Servicing.
In addition to the customer reported issues that are resolved in previous service packs, this service pack also resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
2552121 You cannot synchronize a mailbox by using an Exchange ActiveSync device in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
2729444 Mailboxes are quarantined after you install the Exchange Server 2010 SP2 version of the Exchange Server 2010 Management Pack
2778100 Long delay in receiving email messages by using Outlook in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
2779351 SCOM alert when the Test-PowerShellConnectivity cmdlet is executed in an Exchange Server 2010 organization
2784569 Slow performance when you search a GAL by using an EAS device in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
2796950 Microsoft.Exchange.Monitoring.exe process consumes excessive CPU resources when a SCOM server monitors Exchange Server 2010 Client Access servers
2800133 Application pools consume excessive CPU and memory resources on an Exchange Client Access server after you apply the Update Rollup 5 version 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2
2800346 Outlook freezes and high network load occurs when you apply retention policies to a mailbox in a mixed Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment
2810617 You cannot install Exchange Server 2010 SP3 when you define a Windows PowerShell script execution policy in Group Policy
2787500 Declined meeting request is added back to your calendar after a delegate opens the request by using Outlook 2010
2797529 Email message delivery is delayed on a Blackberry mobile device after you install Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2
2800080 ErrorServerBusy response code when you synchronize an EWS-based application to a mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
What's New in Exchange 2010 SP3
Release Notes for Exchange Server 2010 SP3
Download Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Date published: 2/12/2013
KB articles: KB2808208
File name: Exchange2010-SP3-x64.exe
Size: 549.2 MB
More reading about Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3):
MSExchange Team Blog: Released: Exchange Server 2010 SP3
Tony Redmond's Exchange Unwashed: Exchange 2010 SP3 is released - almost ready for Exchange 2013 deployments