28. February 2013 01:13
The Microsoft Lync Server 2013, Planning Tool asks you a series of questions about your organization and the features that you are interested in. The planning tool will then use your answers to recommend a topology based on the tested Microsoft Lync Server 2013 user model.
Your organization may have a different user model. If so, you should adjust the recommended topology as necessary to fit your organization’s needs.
What’s New in the Planning Tool for Lync Server 2013?
- The Planning Tool now allow user to have up to 10 sites, including central site and disaster recovery site
- Lync Server Planning Tool 2013 offers the capacity guidance for Lync Server 2013 new and updated features, including below areas. User can answer the question regarding these features through Planning Tool, and then the suggested topology will contain the information, e.g hardware, network, DNS, certificate, IP, etc, according to the Lync Server 2013 user model.
- Persistent Chat
- Archiving with Exchange integration
- Multi-view Video
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Office Web Apps
- Exchange Mailbox
- Lync Server Planning Tool 2013 allow user to have IPv6 IP address
- Planning Tool identifies the IP conflicts across sites in the suggest topology. User can choose to show or hide IP conflict in the topology.
- Planning Tool offers a more user friend FQDN/IP/Port editing dialog
- Planning Tool updates the suggested hardware requirement, DNS and certificates with Lync Server 2013 changes
- Planning Tool updates the planning steps and deployment steps with Lync Server 2013 changes
- Lync Server Planning Tool 2013 support the better accessibility requirement
- Lync Server Planning Tool 2013 offers the better exported Visio and Excel files. Visio file matches the suggested topology diagram in Planning Tool well.
- Lync Server Planning Tool 2013 does not support the below features any more
- Virtualized server design
- Export the Planning Tool file to Topology Builder
Download Microsoft Lync Server 2013, Planning Tool
Date published: 2/26/2013
File name: LyncPlanningTool.msi
Size: 1.6 MB